Heather M. Seasonwein, Esq.
Juris Doctor, University of Maine School of Law, 2001
Bachelor of Arts, Hamilton College, 1994
Attorney Heather Seasonwein has been practicing for over 18 years in the areas of family law (divorce, parental rights and responsibilities, parent-child contact, child support and division of marital assets and debts), probate matters and personal injury. Heather is also a rostered guardian ad litem and serves as a conservator and guardian for persons who need assistance managing their finances and well-being.
An essential aspect of her practice is advocating for clients at mediations as well as serving as an impartial mediator. As a litigator, she understands the importance and control a client can achieve by attending a successful mediation rather than engaging in protracted, expensive and bitter litigation. Heather has extensive experience working with both represented and self-represented individuals to achieve a satisfactory resolution at mediation. Heather’s experiences in the courtroom as a tenacious and aggressive advocate for her clients (in addition to helping them achieve their goals at mediation), serving as a mediator, and relationships with her colleagues gives her the insight, knowledge and tools to help both the represented and unrepresented individual navigate their case to a final resolution at mediation.
Attorney Seasonwein is recognized by the Katahdin Counsel Recognition Program (KCRP). KCRP was created by the Maine Supreme Judicial Court to honor lawyers who contribute 50 or more hours of pro bono work per year to the legal community. She also volunteers for the Maine Volunteer’s Lawyer Project Court House Assistance Project and helped create training materials for the Represented Protection from Abuse Project; a project designed to represent unrepresented parties (defendants and plaintiffs) of limited financial means in protection from abuse hearings.
- Supreme Judicial Court Advisory Committee on the Rules of Evidence
- Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, board member
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association, board member
- Gignoux Inn of Court
- Maine State Bar Association
- Androscoggin and Cumberland County Bars
- American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators
- National Association of Professional Women
- Prior Board Member, Volunteers of America Northern New England
- Prior Board Member and Treasurer, University of Maine School of Law Alumni Association
- Prior Board Member of Boys to Men