Heather M. Seasonwein, Esq.
Juris Doctor, University of Maine School of Law, 2001
Bachelor of Arts, Hamilton College, 1994
Attorney Seasonwein is an experienced litigation attorney, specializing in divorce, parental rights and responsibilities, child support, protection from abuse and criminal matters. She has over 17 years of trial experience. Heather often appears in the district courts throughout the Androscoggin, Franklin, Oxford, Cumberland, Kennebec and York Counties.
Attorney Seasonwein is a rostered guardian ad litem for minor children in family and probate cases. She also serves as a conservator and guardian for persons deemed unable to manage their own financial affairs and well-being.
Attorney Seasonwein is recognized by the Katahdin Counsel Recognition Program (KCRP). KCRP was created by the Maine Supreme Judicial Court to honor lawyers who contribute 50 or more hours of pro bono work per year to the legal community. She also volunteers for the Maine Volunteer’s Lawyer Project Court House Assistance Project and helped create training materials for the Represented Protection from Abuse Project; a project designed to represent unrepresented parties (defendants and plaintiffs) of limited financial means in protection from abuse hearings.
- Supreme Judicial Court Advisory Committee on the Rules of Evidence
- Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, board member
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association, board member
- Gignoux Inn of Court
- Maine State Bar Association
- Androscoggin and Cumberland County Bars
- American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators
- National Association of Professional Women
- Prior Board Member, Volunteers of America Northern New England
- Prior Board Member and Treasurer, University of Maine School of Law Alumni Association
- Prior Board Member of Boys to Men