Workers Compensation

Attorney Rabasco has over 25 years practicing in the areas of worker’s compensation and social security disability. Both practices require distinct skills and knowledge required to navigate the administrative rules and procedures unique to the administrative agencies.

Questions & Answers

Can I get a lawyer to help me?

Yes. If you were injured you have the right to an attorney and should get one immediately. An attorney can help you obtain benefits and get medical bills paid. You should hire a private attorney who specializes in workers’ compensation claims. Here at Paradie, Rabasco & Seasonwein P.A. we specialize in obtaining benefits and getting you fair settlements for your injuries.

Can my employer discriminate against me if I file a workers compensation claim?

No. Your employer cannot discriminate against you for filing a workers’ compensation claim. Your employer cannot discriminate against you for testifying in a workers’ compensation claim. If you think your employer has discriminated against you because you filed a claim or testified, you can file a Petition to Remedy Discrimination. If you are discriminated against for your injury call us immediately.

What should I do if I am injured at work?

You must tell your employer as soon as possible that you have been injured. Don’t wait. Time is of the essence. The deadline is 30 days from when you were injured. After you notify your employer you should contact Paradie, Sherman, Walker & Worden to make sure your employer has accepted your claim.

Can I get medical help for my injury?

Yes. For the first 10 days, your employer has the right to select a health care provider to treat your injury. After the first 10 days of treatment you may chose a different health care provider. You do this by telling your employer this is what you want to do and then you go to your own doctor that you choose.

Can I change doctors?

Sometimes your employer or the insurance company do not want you to change doctors. You can. You should consult an attorney immediately if this happens.

Legal Services - Workers Compensation
There are certain steps you must take if you are injured at work:

  • You must tell your employer (which can mean a supervisor or someone in management) that you were injured within 30 days of the injury (then hire an attorney as soon as possible).
  • If your employer has selected a health care provider, you must go to your employer’s health care provider for the first ten days of non-emergency treatment. After that you can see your own doctor.

When you tell your employer you have been injured at work your employer must:

  • Fill out a First Report of Injury and give you a copy.
  • Pay your claim within 14 days or contest the claim.

Contact Us

  • Tel: 207-333-3583 | Fax: 207-784-5704 | Get Directions

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.